Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Green Living: Biking, Coffee Mugs, & Reusable Bags

What an awesome day! I just got home from an excellent excursion. First, I biked through the neighborhoods to the bank to make a deposit. From the bank, to The Daily Grind, my new favorite coffee shop. The Daily Grind rocks because:I got a new Daily Grind/ACE travel coffee mug there, which in addition to helping save me from trashing so many paper and plastic cups, earns us 5 more points towards Arlington's Green Living Challenge. Whoo hoo!

While I enjoyed my PB&J on wheat with discount coffee (hey, it came with the mug!) I had a blast at writing e-mails to old friends and doing my weekly menu planning on my new birthday pda (--This week: gazpacho with shrimp, chicken salad, and chard salad with lentils.) Once my grocery list was made, I travelled down the bike lanes over to Whole Foods, and packed my new produce into a reusable grocery bag from My Organic Market (take that, Whole Foods! How I wish MOMs was in my neighborhood.) Said produce went into the bike basket, and home I came.

Even more awesome: With the bike and the new pda, I've been needing a messenger bag. So happens that someone left a brand new one in our building's trash room. Today's the first time I used it - and it was perfect! So what if it's bright-canvas-blue and says something on the side about some cardiac and vascular conference or whatever. It's much less sweaty than a backpack, and fits my stuff perfectly. Hurray for freecycling!

I love having a green, urban, technology-driven lifestyle. I just need to get out and into it more. =)

No comments: