Sunday, July 27, 2008

Parmesan Herb Bread

Doughy pans ready to go into the oven
The finished product!
In preparation for our day trip to the LOTUS tomorrow, I've been cooking since 4PM straight. In order to save money and keep true to SCD, we'll be picnicing the whole day! This recipe for three mini-loaves, from Lucy's Cookbook, I've made to accompany lunch tomorrow -- and to slice up and toast for crackers on Tuesday (Mmm... Wine, good brie, and flour-free crackers!)

This recipe actually came out tasting quite gourmet! It has the weight and consistency of really good bread, cuts well, and tastes like something from a hip modern restaurant. This is definitely a recipe to make again.

Some notes on how I made this recipe:
~ My almond flour hasn't come yet, so I ground them up myself, per usual until my order finally gets here.
~I "finely chopped" a cup of real parmesan using the Magic Bullet blender. It made a fine powder of the cheese, much like storebought grated cheese, but so much fresher!

BTW, the Magic Bullet really is the best kitchen tool ever (even if its name still makes me laugh...) I use it every day, and my food processor at least every other day (and often more than once a day for both.) Ahh, celiac disease, thou hast made a foodie of me....

Right: Doughy-pans ready for the oven. Left: The finished product!

No comments: