Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Mother's Day: Oh So Sweet with Just a Li'l Sugar

My first mother's day. Sigh! How awesome.

I sang at church and talked with friends there. We went out for wonderfully good Thai. It seems there are always actual Thai people eating here, that's when you know it's really good. Then a family visit to the Udvar-Hazy Center, followed by Doener Bistro. Oh so good! The food was great, the museum was great, the company was great, and the teething baby was very very good.

It was a special day for me so I allowed myself to indulge in a little bit of sweet. The Thai restaurant gave us a free Mother's Day dessert of roasted banana in fried rice paper drizzled with warm honey and sesame seeds -- delish!

Our favorite gluten-free pizza establishment was packed, or else I'd have ordered their amazing gluten-free cookie dessert plate. The fact that we couldn't get in riled up the sugar demons in me who, of course, then demanded to be fed. When we ended up at Starbucks later for a caffeine recharge, I gave it what it wanted.... but just enough to shut it up. I got a mocha light frap with a double shot of espresso.

...And now I'm done. I had my sweet on my holiday, I don't crave any more. Now I am looking forward to an evening meal at home packed with delicious, hunger-satisfying leafy greens (oh man dinner is going to be so good!)

All you Moms out there reading this: Happy Mother's Day! I hope your day was just as wonderful!

No comments: